Blogging is a wonderful thing. And if you do it right, can be a great driver for your business. But, too many folks are doing it wrong. So I did a podcast - find it HERE - on the topic.
So many folks don't include the right thing to drive business (they just type, without intent) and there is nothing wrong with personal blogging, however, if you're running a business you owe it to yourself and those you serve to blog with purpose. It can help with many things: It establishes your authority and expertise in your niche, allows you to track behavior using Google analytics and Facebook pixel which also allows you to get great audiences to promote to, AND, gives you a platform for hosting content from other mediums such as YouTube Facebook videos for podcasts. Lastly, it gives you an avenue to invite others to interact with you. Both personally and professionally and you target market. If you're blogging or want to start, Find out my 5 commandments below:
1. Always provide something relevant to your target customer - this seems like a 'Duh!' Comment, but so many folks include things that aren't appropriate for their target market, but only interesting to them. Make sure what you're putting out matters to who you're selling.
2. Thou shalt always have a soft call to action - people still read blogs. And people need help making decisions. So give them a soft call to action that, when presented enough, will prompt them to reach out.
3. Thou shalt always have a download- You need to offer something that prompts the potential customer to offer up their information. It should be small, non-threatening to the potential customer, but valuable enough to give up their email/name in exchange. Start building a propective list now. The more contacts you have, the better you can marter/remarket.
4. Thou shalt always share your blog - Share your work on you personal pages, the groups you're in- everywhere! Nobody organically just shares stuff unless you do it. And then ask other folks to share it too!
5. Thou shalt always blog regularly- The Google Machine loves updated content. So do you customers. Also, it provides you a reason to keep in touch with your customers! And we all know that the more you keep in touch the more they will remember you!
If you want a simple checklist for blogging- click the orange picture below - it will send you an immediate download via email that you can use to craft each blog!
Eric is a working physical therapy business owner and full time therapist and clinician. He's been through it all. If you're looking for realistic tips, tricks, support, and a community of like-minded professionals and students to help grow with- this is for you.
It is my goal with this page to pass on my knowledge of business, clinical skills, advertising and marketing (Facebook, Adwords, and more!) and life stories to help those wanting to grow their self skills, their business, or simply be part of a community of learners and leaders. Welcome to Sockdolager Wellness Company.
Eric is a Physical Therapist who owns his own clinic in Chandler AZ. He is the author of Breathe Better, a father to 3 awesome kids, and a husband to Ashley who is also a physical therapist.